Dress with crossover bodice & attached overskirt
Reslau Frocks was initially located on High Street, Auckland. In December 1940 the business moved to a three-storied building located at 39 Elliott Street, just doors down from fabric wholesaler Snow Rainger. When this dress was made, in the early 1940s, the company was employing about 100 staff as machinists and cutters. Shortages of materials meant there were a lot of restrictions - the government regulated the amount of material that could be used for each garment.